Mittwoch, 13. April 2011

Walnut & Red Mulberry Bowls

Walnut & Red Mulberry Bowls

I got my new Jet JWL-1642EVS-2 about 10 days ago. It took a few days to get it wired and the right chuck adapters but I got it up and running a week ago. I have been working on turning a bowl a day, but have come up short. I did lost 2 bowls in process. 1 I once again turned into a lampshade! The other was a beautiful Red Bowl that had the chuck unscrew from the lathe while sanding the the very last part of it. That almost killed me, I had 3 hours into it then boom it shattered into a million pieces.

So the first is a nice piece of walnut, the 2nd was a thicker piece of Red Mulberry. I really liked turning the mulberry, it was super easy to turn. The gouge went through it like Butta!

I have a ton of blanks coming this week from RiverRidgeSaw on eBay. I hope they are nice. I can’t wait until I can start using the logs I have in the back but it is gonna be at least 6 more months of before they are even close to being seasoned enough.

ENJOY!!


Source: http://lumberjocks.com/projects/47301

yahoo fantasy football nate kaeding lesnar vs velasquez fight video

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen