Over the weekend I cobbled together, out of scrap in my shop, a quick and dirty sliding compound miter saw dust hood.
Materials are cast off 3/16” tempered hardboard for the back and ramp, 5/8” Aracuo ply for the top and sides, screws, nails, and of course 4” S&D PVC.
I made a measurement error on the width, even after measuring 3x, and ended up about 1” too narrow. But I can slide it back and forth as I go all the way with miter cuts…
I still have to seal the port hole that the 4” went through, and am likely to swap the Ridgid vac hose for my Peachtree hose to make connection easier. I won’t fee quite so bad about cutting the Peachtree hose…
It’s a simple open box, with a shallow ramp that simply guides the junk to the port. No clue how well it is going to work, but it has to beat just the vac hose port…
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen