Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2010

3/8 inch shell auger for making lamps

3/8 inch shell auger for making lamps

I bought this for my Christmas present projects for, it comes unhandeled, which is not a problem for a woodturner anyway. I did have to drill out my live center, but it worked, it works, and it works well. I made the handel from white oak, used the rust stain, and boiled linseed oil. I used a piece of copper pipe for the ferrule. The whole system works very nicely, I have found that 350 RPM works the best, also it works better if you are not using a spur drive, next time I will use a chuck so I have a hollow center to finish into. But I can say the auger stayed on center. This was about a quarter of the cost of others I have seen. I will update after I have made more lamps and used it repeatedly.
Thanks


Source: http://lumberjocks.com/reviews/1694

jared allen football wives

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen