Montag, 25. Oktober 2010

Nicole's Picture Frame

About 4 days before Christmas, I started making a nice little picture frame for a custom piece of art I had made up for Nicole. A gift for a special girl requires some special wood. So I pulled out my best sheets of curly maple veneer and a couple of sheets of home-sawn adzalia?? wood that I received from David Marks. Now to be honest, I have no idea how you spell the name of this stuff and my research hasn't yielded anything yet. David is in India right now so I can't get the answer. But as soon as I know the proper spelling, I will let you know. You may find it odd that I decided to use solid maple as the substrate for the frame. I thought this would be a fun experiment, and when the rabbets are cut in the back, there won't be any unsightly ply to look at (not that it matters that much). Small projects like this are just a great place to experiment with techniques and materials you might not normally use. All the extra effort pays off in the end when the finish hits the wood. KABLAM!!!! The wood just comes to life!

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheWoodWhisperer/~3/2Eapxw62-Co/TheWoodWhisperer-ep80908.mp4

brock lesnar vs cain ctu online login

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen