Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2012

Veritas dovetail saw (14 TPI rip)

Veritas dovetail saw (14 TPI rip)

I’ve had this saw for a few months now. I picked it up at Woodcraft after bashing my head against the wall with some other saws that were dubbed dovetail saws.

The saw I am talking about specifically is the 14 teeth per inch saw with a rip cutting profile.

The bottom line is: This is a great saw. It cuts smoothly and cleanly. And quickly. It’s easier to saw to a line with this saw than any other saw I’ve used. The teeth are sharp and set correctly. It’s a western push saw so the saw can be sharpened when the time comes.

The handle is comfortable to hold and puts one’s hand in just the right position. It gives me a good grip and an easy, comfortable place to put my index finger to stabilize the saw. The saw blade is rock steady and doesn’t bend. The saw itself is surprisingly light. Probably because the spine of the saw is a composite of materials rather than metal.

I’ve had a little difficulty getting cuts started for the first few strokes but no more than any other handsaw I’ve used.

It works well for cutting (short) tenons too.

And $70.00 is a good price for a saw of this quality. If you have a need for a dovetail saw, this is worth picking up.


Source: http://lumberjocks.com/reviews/2998

glam fairy jared allen mhsaa football

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen